Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Jerry Jackman Blog - week of 6 July 2015

Monday, 6 July 2015
      I finished a half dozen or so cover graphics for internet files, and completed the internet layout for #00029 “Where Can I Turn for Peace” for medium-high vocal solo, arranged by James C. Kasen.
     I edited new engravings provided by T. Chemain Evans for her “Missionary Medley” for SATB choir which was performed in the last General Conference by the Missionary Training Center Choir and organ, conducted by Ryan Eggett. 
     In the afternoon, I re-engraved #09169 “Where Can I Turn for Peace” edition for oboe and piano. Both the vocal and the oboe editions use the same accompaniment, but the oboe solo needs an instrumental line set in small notes with rehearsal letters in the score and part, and an adapted oboe part in a range which better serves the instrument.
      I may fall back to these new engravings for a final edition of the vocal score as well. The one we have been using is beautiful, but has staff lines which are faint and won't download well.

No comments:

Post a Comment